Sanjay N. Khedia, M.D.
Internal Medicine Physician & Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapist located in Covina, CA
If you’re interested in decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face, consider getting Botox® or dermal fillers from the caring team at Sanjay Khedia, M.D. in Covina, California. Botox and dermal fillers both offer proven and lasting results, which Dr. Khedia delivers with expertise, professionalism, and compassion. To learn more, schedule an appointment online or over the phone today.
Botox and Dermal Filler Q & A
What is Botox®?
Botox is a purified version of Botulinum toxin type A, derived from bacteria. When injected into the muscle, it blocks the muscle’s nerve signals, temporarily paralyzing it so that wrinkles caused by muscle movement can soften, dissipate, or fully disappear. Results usually last between three and four months.
Botox only works on wrinkles caused by muscle movement, such as:
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Smile lines around the mouth
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
- Lines between the eyes
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are solutions that reduce signs of aging by adding fullness and volume to the skin. Different types of dermal fillers are made from different substances, many which occur naturally in the body. Depending on the substance, results may last between six months and two years.
Among the most common dermal filler ingredients is hyaluronic acid. Other possible dermal filler ingredients include:
- Polylactic acid
- Calcium hydroxylapatite
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA)
Dermal fillers smooth skin, plump skin, and correct signs of aging such as:
- Wrinkles caused by sagging or loss of skin plumpness (static wrinkles)
- Thinning lips
- Wrinkles or shadows under the eyes
- Shallow spaces on the face
- Recessed scars
Which treatment is better for me?
Whether you should choose Botox or dermal fillers depends on a few factors, including:
- What issues you’d like to correct (wrinkles and fine lines, the appearance of scars, etc.)
- Whether your wrinkles are caused by muscle movement (dynamic) or sagging and lack of fullness in the skin (static)
- The area of the face you want to treat
- How long you want results to last
- Your health history
Note that Dr. Khedia doesn’t recommend Botox if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have a neuromuscular condition like multiple sclerosis
- Have weak facial muscles
Does Botox have any side effects?
Though rare and typically minor, Botox treatment can have side effects. These include:
- Dry mouth
- A headache
- Drooping of the eyelid, if injected near the eye
- Red and irritated eyes
- Bruising at the injection site
If you think Botox or dermal fillers may be right for you, reach out to the team at Sanjay Khedia, M.D. today. You can schedule an appointment over the phone or by using the online booking tool.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Congestive Heart Failuremore info
Botox and Dermal Fillermore info
PRP Facialmore info
PRP Hair Rejuvenationmore info
Viora V30more info